Garages and storage sheds typically take the longest to pack, as they are filled with odd-shaped, sharp or heavy items that require special care to pack correctly. That is why, Allied Pickfords Serbia provides you with storage packing tips!
Start by safely disposing of items that cannot be shipped, like pesticides, fertilizers, oil and gas. See our list of Items That Cannot Be Shipped. Next, group items of a similar size or shape together, like long-handled tools with pruning shears. Then, make sure you have an assortment of boxes and newsprint to properly wrap and cushion items.
Long-handled garden tools, as well as brooms and mops, should be bundled together securely. Attachments should be removed from power tools and packed separately.
- Hand tools may be left in tool boxes and the spaces filled with crushed paper, or they may be packed according to general packing rules. Always use small cartons for heavy tools.
- Use old towels to wrap and tape any sharp-edged tools.
Rakes & Brooms
Shovels, rakes, brooms and the like don’t need to be packed; gather them together for your driver to bundle in a pad.
Lawn & Patio Furniture
Remove pads and clean frames. Pack pads in large carton or wardrobe.
Keep it clean and dry during transport by wrapping it in paper padding or a plastic bag and taping shut. Do not pack the weighted umbrella stand.
Dispose of any unused charcoal. Remove tank – it cannot be transported in the moving van. See our list of Items That Cannot Be Shipped.
Before moving day, dismantle children’s swing sets, TV antennas and garden sheds you plan to take with you.
- Place small hardware in a plastic bag or old coffee can and label.
- If the parts bag can be securely attached to corresponding equipment, all the better.
- Prepare lawn mower by safely draining gasoline prior to loading day.
Pots and Planters
Pack small ceramic or pottery planters like any fragile item – individually wrapped with plenty of cushioning. If you plan to move any large or unusual planters, consult your moving professional.
It may be easier just to buy new garbage cans at your destination.
- Clean cans if you plan to take them with you.
- If your cans are sealable or rollable, you may pack items in them, just don’t make them too heavy.
You have the option of moving your vehicles with your household goods, or separately by using one an automotive transport service providers.
Consult with your moving professional on the following items:
- riding mower
- gas leaf blower
- snow blower
- motor scooter
- above-ground swimming pool
- hot tub
- satellite dish
- storage shed
- swing set
- jungle gym
- dog house or kennel
If you’re not sure about any item, just ask your moving professional.